This Policy is an electronic record and this electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please note that this Policy is incorporated in and forms a part of the Terms of Service available on the Edu-tive Platform/Website and Additional Terms including any policies, rules, and/or regulations.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS:
This Policy explains how Edu-tive collects personal and non-personal information, classified as mandatory or voluntary and uses, discloses and protects such information through the Edu-tive Platform/Website. ‘Personal Information’ is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person (“Personal Information”). Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy shall include, but not limited to, information provided while using the Edu-tive Platform/Website, while registering on the Edu-tive Platform/Website, while communicating with Edu-tive customer service by phone, email or otherwise, writing reviews for the content available on the Edu-tive Platform/Website etc., that may or may not be otherwise publicly available.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that are not owned, controlled, managed or operated by the Company or to persons that the Company does not employ, engage or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE:
The Company collects and stores Personal Information when you use and/or register with the Company on the Edu-tive Platform/Website and when you use the Services.
When you register on the Edu-tive Platform/Website, the Company may ask for information which is mandatory such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card information, business information, franchise and other licence information and other financial information, and certain other information which is optional. Wherever possible, the Edu-tive Platform/Website indicates which information is mandatory and which information is optional for you to share with the Edu-tive. Once you register on the Edu-tive Platform/Website and log in to use the Services, you are not anonymous to the Company.
Edu-tive automatically receives and records information on its server logs regarding Your sessions on the Edu-tive Platform/Website, and (if you have set your computer to receive cookies) related cookie information. For further information, see the section below headed “Cookies“.
Edu-tive may use your information for the following general purposes:
- to contact you
- to facilitate availing and provision of specialised services/ products, expert advice, professional consulting etc., by you through Edu-tive or its associates
- to administer Edu-tive’s business and Edu-tive Platform/Website
- to send invoices, statements, agreements and/or to collect payment from you.
- to send you marketing related communications
- to deal with enquiries and complaints raised by you and to troubleshoot problems
- to prevent the Edu-tive Platform/Website from fraud, errors or any illegal activity
- to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and to ensure safety of the Edu-tive Platform/Website and all Users
- to send you important information regarding the Edu-tive Platform/Website, changes to Edu-tive Platform/Website terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information
- to personalize your experience on the Edu-tive Platform/Website and the Company’s other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law
- to carry out market research and users’ interest; and
- to customise your experience of use of the Edu-tive Platform/Website.
If you post any messages or leave any feedback on the Edu-tive Platform/Website, Edu-tive may use such information for any purpose including for dispute resolution, troubleshooting problems and provide customer support.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE:
Some of the pages on the Edu-tive Platform/Website are freely accessible by all Users and require no prior registration. Further, certain other pages on the Edu-tive Platform/Website can be accessed by Users only after entering in their details, username and password and/or after making the requisite payment mandated by Edu-tive. Therefore, Edu-tive requests you to use a safe and secure server to access the Edu-tive Platform/Website to ensure the safety of your username, password, and other information. Edu-tive does not guarantee any security or privacy of any information which may be available to all Users and visitors of the Edu-tive Platform/Website publicly. Further, the Edu-tive Platform/Website may contain links to other websites. Please note that the Company does not endorse any links or websites and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party websites.
Edu-tive does not rent, sell, disclose or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies. However, you agree that Edu-tive may disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances.
- Third party service providers: Edu-tive employs or might, as per requirement and business needs of the Company, employ, engage, contract with third-party service providers to work on behalf of or with Edu-tive, under Agreements containing confidentiality obligations and in accordance with law, in relation to the Services provided on the Edu-tive Platform/Website. These third-party service providers may use your Personal Information in assisting Edu-tive to communicate with you about Edu-tive Platform/Website offers, providing customer support, assisting in advertising on the Edu-tive Platform/Website, etc. Such third-party service providers do not have any independent right to the information provided by the Company to them.
- Business transfer and Mergers: Edu-tive may transfer your personal Information if Edu-tive, is acquired by or merged with another company, to the extent permitted by applicable law and/or required under the scheme/arrangement of merger, etc.
- Without your consent: In addition to the aforementioned circumstances, Edu-tive may share your Personal Information with any third-party without your prior consent and/or at your request.
ACCESSING YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Whenever you access the Edu-tive Platform/Website, Edu-tive aims to provide you with your Personal Information stored with it. That information may be required to be updated from time to time. Therefore, Edu-tive also strives to give you ways to quickly update any of your Personal Information. When updating your Personal Information, Edu-tive may ask you to verify your identity before Edu-tive acts on your request.
Edu-tive may place text files in the browser files of your computer system. A cookie itself does not contain Personal Information and it will only enable Edu-tive to relate your use of the Edu-tive Platform/Website and/or Services and your behaviour on the Edu-tive Platform/Website, to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. The only Personal Information that a cookie can contain is the information you yourself supply to the cookie. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites.
- Edu-tive uses certain encrypted cookies to authenticate the User on each page after the User logs on to the Edu-tive Platform/Website. You will not be entitled to log into certain areas of the Edu-tive Platform/Website without accepting such cookies;
Please note that some other features and services (such as creating customized searches) may still not function properly or conveniently on your computer system if the other cookies placed by Edu-tive on your hard drive are disabled.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY:
Edu-tive may not limit access to Personal Information about you to such persons whom Edu-tive believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or for the purposes of proper functioning of the Edu-tive Platform/Website.
If Edu-tive learns of a security system breach it may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Edu-tive Platform/Website or providing Personal Information to Edu-tive, you agree that Edu-tive can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to you and your use of the Edu-tive Platform/Website. Further, Edu-tive may also post a notice on the Edu-tive Platform/Website pertaining to the security system breach in order to notify all the Users at large. Edu-tive may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to it in these circumstances and if required by law, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Edu-tive takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.
Following is a summary of the measures the Company takes to protect your information and descriptions of the procedures it implements for different types of information you may provide to us:
(i) Third party service providers and suppliers: Edu-tive works with third party service providers/experts/trainers/professional, suppliers who provide services on its behalf or to it. Edu-tive enters into agreements with such third-party service providers, experts, trainers, professional and suppliers to ensure complete security and safety of the User information. Such third-party service providers do not have any independent right to the information provided by the Company to them.
(ii) Employee and contractor access to information: Edu-tive limits access to Personal Information about you to those employees and contractors whom Edu-tive reasonably believes need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or for the purposes of proper functioning of the Edu-tive Platform/Website.
Edu-tive may update, revise or amend this Policy from time to time without any prior notice to you. When Edu-tive revises, updates or amends this Policy, it also revises the date at the start of the Policy. For changes to this Policy that may be materially less restrictive on the Company’s use or disclosure of your Personal Information provided to it, Edu-tive will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing the change. Edu-tive encourages you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how Edu-tive is protecting the information it collects. Your continued use of the Edu-tive Platform/Website constitutes your Agreement to this Policy and any updates from time to time.
You can always choose not to provide information and in such cases, if the information required is classified as mandatory, you will not be able to avail of that part of the Services, features or content.
You can add or update your Personal Information on a regular basis. When you update information, Edu-tive will keep a copy of the prior version for its records.
Edu-tive may, if you so choose, send direct advertisement mailers to you at the address given by you. You have the option to opt-out of this direct mailer by clicking at the unsubscribed link option attached to the e-mail. Edu-tive respects your privacy and if you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from Edu-tive or if you do not want Edu-tive to use your Personal Information, please report to Edu-tive at email@example.com.
The ‘Help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Further, you can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the Edu-tive Platform/Website. However, as cookies allow you to take advantage of some of the Edu-tive Platform/Website features, some of the Edu-tive Platform/Website features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. It is, therefore, recommended that you leave the cookies turned on. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject the Company’s cookies, you may not be able to download any of Edu-tive’s Content or avail of the Company’s services that require you to log in.